Our Foresight services assist your organization in identifying vulnerabilities, building the appropriate security architecture, and strengthening your most effective firewall — the human one. This portfolio of services includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Penetration Testing
- Compromise Assessments
- Security Awareness Training
- Phishing Simulation Programs
- Tabletop Exercises
- vCISO Services
Risk assessments are designed to strengthen an organization’s cybersecurity posture. This is accomplished by identifying and minimizing exposure to threats and uncovering any network weaknesses that can be exploited by attackers to gain access to your environment.
The integration of various services that are customized to meet your security needs and requirements is essential to comprehensive cybersecurity coverage.
- Vulnerability Assessments –Identify and quantify internal and external weaknesses in a system. Using best-in-class scanning tools and questionnaires to identify and grade vulnerabilities, we prioritize remediation, and create baselines for future comparisons.
- Penetration Testing –Validate and qualify vulnerability assessment findings by using controlled attacks that assess specific aspects of an organization’s security program, critical systems, network, and applications. Tests can be external and internal and follow ethical hacker protocols.
- Compromise Assessments – Survey your organization’s network and devices to discover unknown security breaches, malware, and signs of unauthorized access. Critical to mitigating risk from successful threat activities, compromise assessments expose them and provide actionable intelligence to remediate.
A word about vulnerability assessments and penetration tests in particular; these periodic system and network assessments are critical to ensuring your first line of defense against compromise remains strong and intact. These assessments are performed using a variety of tools and it is our recommendation that a vulnerability assessment be coupled with a penetration test. In our view, doing a penetration test on its own doesn’t ensure that you are identifying all areas of vulnerability and conversely, a vulnerability assessment on its own doesn’t certify which vulnerabilities are real threats.
Education and Training
Only 45% of companies with annual revenues under $50M have trained their employees on cyber risks. Less than 70% of companies have implemented cybersecurity training. Human error, responsible for almost 90% of data breaches, is the number one reason companies need to be focused on training their employees to recognize when they are being targeted.
An end-to-end solution for all cybersecurity protection services is critical to a robust security posture, however if a company leaves out the crucial element of training the human firewall, breaches will still occur. CyberClan Security Awareness Training and Education Services provide formal cybersecurity education to your workforce about different security threats and the recommended steps to address them.
While a customized plan for workforce and executive training can be created to match your organization’s needs and culture, the main components we recommend implementing are:
- Security Awareness Training – With a focus on cybersecurity, information technology (IT) best practices, regulatory compliance, and other business-related topics, we apply the following four-step methodology:
- Evaluate your organization’s level of cybersecurity awareness of based on the measurement of actual behavior.
- Use conversational language, interactive training modules, and games to help ensure that the training communications are relevant, and the information provided is retained by employees.
- Fortify training by conducting additional testing and exercises based on the results of the initial evaluation and the training and education that was subsequently provided.
- Measure progress, analyze results, make necessary changes based on the results and needs, and repeat the cycle to ensure continuous awareness training and education.
- Phishing Simulation Programs –Nearly 90% of all successful breaches involve phishing. Phishing simulations and tests raise real-time awareness of these attacks within your organization to assess your employees’ current level of awareness, actively engage them with your security initiatives, and strengthen their security behavior through tangible, real-life scenarios.
- Tabletop Exercises – Cyber breach response plans are paramount to reduce mistakes and chaos in a crisis and they work to mitigate business interruption while incident response and remediation take place. In a professionally guided, highly interactive, simulated scenario, key personnel and executives are asked to respond as they would in actuality. Actions are then reviewed, assessed for improvements, and a plan is crafted to be distributed internally. As the regulatory environment continues to evolve and threat actors find new ways to breach a network, it’s important that tabletop exercises are repeated for updates and inclusion of any new personnel.
As a scalable resource for small to midsize enterprises, CyberClan offers consulting services to help your organization build upon information technology and information security teams. Our vCISO team is comprised of seasoned cybersecurity executives who understand how to balance your business needs with compliance requirements, risk, and emerging threats. Whether our team is merely augmenting a robust security and IT team, or providing all information security services, the offering can be tailored to your business.
vCISO services may include:
- Review existing security framework.
- Evaluate an organization’s schedule for vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, compromise assessment, and other risk assessment tools.
- Review, design, and implement network security architecture.
- Assist with reviewing existing and creating new security policies and procedures, as well as compliance with key regulations.
- Review all existing cybersecurity systems and provide recommendations for any replacements, upgrades, or edits to maximize your cybersecurity while minimizing costs and performance impacts.