The ideal Tier I SOC Analyst will be a proactive investigator with the ability to analyze, evaluate, report, and remediate cyber incidents at the tier 1 level. This individual will be the first line of defense in analyzing and monitoring network traffic and will take swift action to mitigate and protect the network environment.
This exciting role provides the opportunity to dive deep into cyberattacks where you will hunt for indicators and event that pose a potential threat to the network and its systems. From identification to generating alerts through defined escalation paths, the Tier I SOC Analyst will contain and remediate attacks, as well as prevent intrusion and unauthorized access to critical data and devices.
- Monitoring SIEM alerts effectively to minimize downtime and restore services
- Managing and configuring security monitoring tools
- Prioritizing alerts or issues and performing triage to confirm real-time security incidents taking place
- Escalating and managing Events of Interest (EOI)
- Investigating intrusion attempts and performing in-depth exploit analysis
- Conducting cyber threat research and analysis for purposes of improving the strength of network security
- Generating initial reporting, providing follow-ups, and requesting information and resolution activity
Required Skills, Experience, Degrees or Certification
- 1-2 years SOC environment and security engineering/ monitoring experience
- Triage handling
- Working knowledge of Intrusion Detection and Protection Systems (IDS/ IPS) and SIEM technology
- Experience working with Firewalls, Active Directory, and Anti-Virus systems
Preferred Skills, Experience, Degrees or Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Excellent written and communication skills
- CompTIA Security + or related certifications in networking or software engineering
- Self-starter with an ability to manage tasks independently
- Diverse background in cyber security systems, operations, analysis, and incident response.
- A high sense of urgency to act quickly and thoroughly during real-time incidents and investigations
- Reverse malware engineering
- Prior experience working in Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) or related role
%of Travel Required
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
CyberClan is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status