The Technical Program Manager acts as a coordinator between multiple projects at a business or organization to be sure they are benefiting each other and aligning with overall business goals.
The Technical Program Manager is to be responsible for organizing programs and activities for our organization. You will be tasked with developing programs to support the organization’s strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals. Responsible for operating plans for programs.
The Program Manager will need to interact with firm administration and leadership to identify potential projects that best align with the strategic priorities of the firm.
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Develop a detailed Project Management Plan for a team of remote Project Managers.
- Creating and managing long-term goals.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyzing program risks.
- Working on strategy with the marketing team.
- Manage the program covering a wide range of cross departmental initiatives from intake to delivery.
- Work collaboratively with the Project Management team on project requests, processes and procedures through project completion including projects specifically managed by PMs.
- Manage all aspects of change control and risk oversight.
- Track and report project statuses on a timely basis to leadership and clients.
- Develop an overall understanding of each initiative in the program in order to understand the potential customer impact and service requirements generated by each initiative in the program.
- Provide quality assurance ensuring that initiatives are being well managed and adhering to appropriate standards and good practice.
- Recalibrate the program as necessary when the demands of the business dictate a change in delivery or scope of work.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (both oral and written) with the ability to clearly communicate complex messages to a variety of audiences.
- Strong decision-making skills. Able to make decisions quickly and efficiently.
- Demonstrated competency in developing and managing complex project plans, timelines, and critical paths.
- Detail-oriented with proven ability to adapt to a dynamic environment and oversee multiple projects, manage schedules, resource allocation/planning and maximize work efforts across all teams.
- Possess excellent prioritization, resource planning and management skills as well as proven ability in the identification, assessment and contingency planning and managing for risk factors.
- Proven competency to effectively interact at all levels across the organization, working to build and maintain successful relationships across all departments.
- Skilled at creating and delivering executive level presentations.
- Proven consultative, conflict resolution, negotiation and facilitation skills to gain consensus and ensure delivery of initiatives.
- Demonstrated flexibility and be able to work in a time-sensitive environment and meet strict deadlines with sudden and unpredictable changes that may occur.
- Ability to improve current processes and procedures; present opportunities for change and help implement them for the benefit of the firm.
- Possess a thorough understanding of information technology and its application to business issues; understands the use of information technology in a strategic context as a means to an end; is conversant with current technologies and trends relevant to the firm.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, who sets high standards for self and others and demonstrates enthusiasm for the mission of the team.